[FoRK] The story behind No-bama's Soviet-style iconography

Corinna Schultz corinna.schultz at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 17:19:03 PDT 2008

On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 8:18 AM, Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> wrote:

> OTOH, the closest thing we have to this in the US is California...  and
> it's an unquestionable disaster.

It seems to work ok in Oregon (as far as I can tell). Plus we get voter
pamphlets in the mail, so we can at least know what we're voting on. (They
contain the text of the measure, and brief summary of the proposal, a
summary of the financial costs, and arguments for or against submitted by
random people/groups who pay a fee. There's something similar for people
running for office.)