[FoRK] [meta] the OS debate

Bill Humphries whump at mac.com
Tue Jun 24 11:02:47 PDT 2008

On Jun 24, 2008, at 10:41 AM, Tom Higgins wrote:

> My EEE has been pure ubuntu ever since.  They have realsed versions
> since to add all manner of things so give it a try, I bet you will go
> from a Jeffotpian to a Tomerian  in flash :)-
>
> eeeubtunu http://www.eeebuntu.org/

My friend Liz Henry installed eeebuntu on a eeepc recently, but it
took a little effort:

http://liz-henry.blogspot.com/2008/06/installing-eeebuntu-on-asus-eeepc-900.html

I'm looking at the eee as a potential bigger than an iphone, smaller
than a MacBook Pro item for my traveling kit.

However, it doesn't have the graphics processing power needed to run
the Second Life viewer, which things like the MacBook Air can do. I
guess I can fall back to skype.

-- whump