[FoRK] [meta] the OS debate

Jeff Bone jbone at place.org
Tue Jun 24 11:33:20 PDT 2008

On Jun 24, 2008, at 11:42 AM, Tom Higgins wrote:

> 6 year old data points are worth this much text?
>
> Now who is ugly and who aint Mr Bone?
>

> -tom(wondering why jeff is so easy to come rounding on the
> defensive)higgins

If you can stipulate the following, we can dispense with all future
occurrences of this:

   (1) Mac user does not necessarily imply fanboy
   (2) Operating systems are tools, not religions or political parties
   (3) Selecting the right tool for the job is important
   (4) People use laptops for different purposes
   (5) People may make different, equally valid choices in different
situations
   (6) Your Mileage May Vary

It seems to me, Tom, that the one practicing orthodoxy here is not the
one that you presumably think is a fanboy --- i.e. me --- but rather
you yourself.

jb