[FoRK] "faith" vs. critical rationalism Re: Philosophy, for whoever needs it

Stephen D. Williams sdw at lig.net
Tue Jun 24 17:37:40 PDT 2008

I agree.  But let me dash out a little ramble anyway.
At a certain level, in some cases, religion has been filler or
entertainment.  Perhaps harmless, compared to alternatives developed
that particular times and places.

Perhaps what we need is elaborate participatory creative mutual
entertainment that touches on all of the social, mystical, supportive,
educational, and therapy needs that religion sometimes covers.  Only we
know it's all play and entertainment, like fashion and hair styles.  Of
course our modern art forms provide a large part of this.  Sports.
Children (and adults) learn culture more from TV shows and movies than
the slice in their daily life.  Youtube and social sites help a bit.
However something more structured, but still constantly evolving that we
are serious about like an Anime "player" who creates 12ft. retractable
angel wings is serious.  (Darn, don't have the picture posted.)  Maybe
something like Capital Steps mixed in for humor.

sdw