[FoRK] [meta] the OS debate

Tom Higgins tomhiggins at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 21:29:39 PDT 2008

On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 9:09 PM, Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> wrote:
> Not all who buy a given product are the victims of some devious ad campaign, even if such a campaign does in
> fact exist.  Can we agree on that much (or little?)

I think we can agree that an ad campaign to sell a product based on
marketing points was and is a thing that draws some (not all and not
none) buyers to the purchase..least off I hope that is the case or
someone in the ad liaison dept is going to be getting nasty emails
over effective use of monies.  Victim and Devious I will not address
as they are both outside the scope of what I can and can not logically
state ..though that you use those terms is ...interesting.

> Thank you, oh master sage, for opening my mind once again to the cruel
> satori of your jive-logic!  Next time, maybe not use the walking stick to do
> so?

I thought this was a "using the right tool for the job" thread:)- Next
time I'll use the +5 Cudgel of St Cuthbert (specail save vs Undead
Thread and BroadStroke)

<<Hey, at least we had a few post not about Obama being the bastard
son of Karl Marx and Calypso Louie...my work for the night is done.>>

-tom(15)higgins