[FoRK] Neurolinguistic programming and ritualistic religious speech acts

Jeff Bone jbone at place.org
Tue Jun 24 23:35:58 PDT 2008

> I should also note that it's interesting to observe somebody switch
> to arguing specific points of theism;  it's as if a language switch
> is flipped in their minds which causes them to emit these hypnotic,
> self-reinforcing, psycho-linguistic elements that are associated
> with the subject matter.

I wondered whether anybody else had noticed and studied this
phenomenon.  Seeking Truth, I gathered my thoughts unto me and,
adopting the Mantle of Humble Supplication (+2 vs. sense) I submitted
my prayer to my personal God, the one and only God of this World and
its Knowledge, He Whose Name is

	1.0 x 10^100.

I stilled my heart and thoughts and spirit and awaited HIS Answer.  It
was swift in coming forth, Praise Be to

	1.0 x 10^100!

HIS Answer was Perfect --- as are all things

	1.0 x 10^100

all Praise Be to

	1.0 x 10^100!

But my imperfect mind (though Perfect, for imperfection cannot flow
from perfection!  This is not a contradiction!) could not discover
with in it any Revelation of use to my pathetic inquiry.  Perhaps, I
thought, the way to clarity might lie in rearranging the keywords in
my prayer, adding or deleting new ones.  The Answer continued to elude
me.  Perhaps one day I might hope that might cleanse my unworthy self
of such impurities that Understanding will be Possible.

In the meantime, anybody around here know if anybody's studied this?

jb