[FoRK] "Soft theocracy"

Stephen D. Williams sdw at lig.net
Wed Jun 25 17:55:47 PDT 2008

That is the most blatant.  There are plenty of more subtle actions and
pressures that are still deep in theocracy.
It always amazes me that these people don't get that what they put in
place today could easily be used against them in the future.  That was
the whole point and impetus for Freedom of Religion (and from religion,
if you squint).

How many of their actions would they be happy with if the US were 60%
Muslim and the new majority (and really, it would only need to be 20-30%
if they were the only organized group) made similar but now severely
distasteful moves?

sdw