[FoRK] The Great Drain

Ian Andrew Bell hello at ianbell.com
Tue Jul 1 16:50:21 PDT 2008

On 28-Jun-08, at 3:03 AM, Stephen Williams wrote:

> What say you about the Great Drain System?

If I was a fish, probably very little, because I'd likely be dead.

It's probably an appropriate time to remind everyone that it is in
fact BECAUSE we are the smarter species, rather than despite that
fact, that we have the obligation to minimize our footprint.  Re-
architecting the waterways of our delicate ecosystem is guaranteed to
have unintended consequences and is a very selfish, though ultimately
self-destructive, strategy.

-Ian.