[FoRK] Resource exhaustion

Jeff Bone jbone at place.org
Wed Jul 2 10:59:21 PDT 2008

Smoke 'em if you got 'em.

   http://www.asimovs.com/_issue_0806/ref.shtml

   http://slashdot.org/~tomhudson/journal/206171

   http://news.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/07/01/2331207&from=rss

I note apropos zinc that human spermatogenesis both requires and that
the production of seminiferous fluid is a highly effective
concentrator of zinc.  On the one hand, scary:  human reproduction
imperiled if dietary availability of zinc declines because India needs
more flat screens.  OTOH, encouraging:  even though they will have
technological alternatives to males for reproduction, the females may
keep us around anyway --- indeed, keep us sexually sated --- as part
of an industrial process to collect zinc.

I for one welcome our Amazonian nymphomaniac overlords.

;-)

jb