[FoRK] The Parable of Joe and the Looters

Aaron Burt aaron at bavariati.org
Sun Jul 6 09:57:18 PDT 2008

On Sun, Jul 06, 2008 at 12:56:21AM -0700, Joseph S. Barrera III wrote:
> Aaron Burt wrote:
>
>>  BTW, why'd you go all right-of-Cato a few months ago?  And where do
>>  you get all this time to defend FoRK from the Forces of Creeping
>>  Communism and Moral Decay?
>
> OK, I have to ask. Pseudonym?

Who, me?  Nope.  Last few months, I've just been too busy with my New
Canadian Life to do my usual lurking & sniping.  Email troubles brought
FoRK to the fore, and I was surprised to see that Jeff is still
dominating the list with his faux-rational Foxaganda fuminating.

> And if so, what do/did you have against A. Hamilton?

Hm?  The Federalist, pro-industry foil to "State's Rights" agrarian
Jefferson?  Oh, Wikipedia just remined me that he was also
protectionist.  (Jefferson bought into the Free Trade ideology that
England was promoting--the better to suck the colonies dry.)

Just yer usual Founding Father, roughing out the initial design of
something that had never been seen before.  As usual, it got used and
tweaked in ways nobody could've anticipated.