[FoRK] why requirements docs suck

Luis Villa luis at tieguy.org
Wed Aug 20 20:10:36 PDT 2008

They never reflect actual requirements. They reflect what an end-user
told a manager who told a sales guy who told a marketing guy who told
a project manager the requirements are. And that is always a recipe
for failure.

As far as doing it right, I highly recommend
http://gettingreal.37signals.com/toc.php especially chapter 5. It
won't really work if you've already got the wrong customers (
http://gettingreal.37signals.com/ch04_Hire_the_Right_Customers.php )
but some of the ideas might stick.

Luis