[FoRK] Obama: communitarian, redistributionist, confused? (from NYT)

Jeff Bone jbone at place.org
Mon Aug 25 08:58:19 PDT 2008

For fucks sake, really.  Yes, I did that already last time around.
No, I'm not going to do it every time I forward some observation about
one (or the other.)  That is not my responsibility, obligation, or
purpose.

I'm not going to pretend not to have a preference.  Let's be clear:  I
*really* dislike BOTH candidates.  I believe Obama to be slightly more
dangerous, though, on the one dimension of risk that I believe is our
greatest concern at this point:  economics.  I believe that we're
headed into depression territory;  the only real question is which one
minimizes the depth and length, and minimizes the FDR nonsense that
will inevitably occur during (and therefore be dragged along for
generations thereafter.)

Neither is a choice I feel good about voting for.  Indeed, more and
more lately I've been contemplating just not voting;  but I was raised
to believe that if you don't vote you have no right to bitch, and the
latter isn't acceptable to me. ;-)

jb