[FoRK] Obama: communitarian, redistributionist, confused? (from NYT)

J. Andrew Rogers andrew at ceruleansystems.com
Mon Aug 25 13:04:31 PDT 2008

On Aug 25, 2008, at 12:23 PM, Lucas Gonze wrote:
> Obama is politically bland and moderate.  He's a wonk in
> the Clinton style that emphasizes competence over ideology

Obama is an economic troglodyte and a number of his policy positions
are mind-bogglingly illiterate, so I am not sure how this can be
rationalized away as emphasizing competence over ideology when it
would be quite reasonable to assert the opposite given the evidence
available.  When someone tacitly asserts that the laws of the universe
do not apply to them, the term "crank" comes up far more often than
"wonk".

I do not understand why anyone would sacrifice their self-respect and
rationality on the altar of Obama's Kool-Aid even if they plan on
voting for him.  Same goes for McCain, but there is a noticeable
relative lack of messianic fervor among the ignorati in that camp.

J. Andrew Rogers