[FoRK] Obama: communitarian, redistributionist, confused? (from NYT)

Lucas Gonze lucas.gonze at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 13:21:07 PDT 2008

On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 1:04 PM, J. Andrew Rogers
<andrew at ceruleansystems.com> wrote:
> Obama is an economic troglodyte and a number of his policy positions are
> mind-bogglingly illiterate, so I am not sure how this can be rationalized
> away as emphasizing competence over ideology when it would be quite
> reasonable to assert the opposite given the evidence available.

If you give us the details of why you think so, I'm confident we'll
find that you're projecting your personal visualization of Democratic
politics onto this candidate.

For example, Jason Furman is the economic lead in Obama's campaign,
and the left considers him too far right.
http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/06/obama-economic.html .
Furman is a Rubin-ite, not a Reich-ite.