[FoRK] Obama: communitarian, redistributionist, confused? (from NYT)

Lucas Gonze lucas.gonze at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 15:04:09 PDT 2008

On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 2:10 PM, J. Andrew Rogers
<andrew at ceruleansystems.com> wrote:
> Jeff's done a pretty good job of touching on some
> highlights

Can't say I read Jeff's comments on politics these days.  The amount
of filtering I have to do
to cast them into the same framework as everyone else is too much work.

> BTW, the left considers virtually all economists as "too far right"; it is
> difficult to shoehorn the ideology into the math.

Obama's economic positions are relatively internationalist and
pro-business for a Democrat, and somewhat closer to my own positions
than an average dem.

But if you're getting your news from the standard right wing outlets,
that's not what you're hearing.  What you're hearing is that Obama's
positions are craaaaazy talk.  So who knows?  Up and down are on a
mobius strip and the universe is what you make it by picking
information sources to match your biases.