[FoRK] Obama: communitarian, redistributionist, confused? (from NYT)

geege schuman geege4 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 10:39:07 PDT 2008

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 1:30 PM, Stephen D. Williams <sdw at lig.net> wrote:

> J. Andrew Rogers wrote:
>
>> On Aug 26, 2008, at 6:30 AM, geege schuman wrote:
>>
>>> Sorry - I'm a trickle up kinda person, not a trickle down.  JAR's
>>> lamenting
>>> the lack of capital NOW, under the current Bush tax cuts.  Something
>>> doesn't
>>> jibe.
>>>

>> I am not lamenting a lack of capital now, so I do not know how you could
>> read it that way.
>
> On Aug 25, 2008, at 3:07 PM, Stephen D. Williams wrote:
>* I didn't say that optimism without working capital would work.  I
*>* was saying that working capital without optimism doesn't work, or at
*>* least not with any speed.
*
JAR:
I have never noticed a shortage of optimism by the people that would
spend capital were it available.  In fact, there are abundant and
foolish amounts of optimism.  *I *have* noticed a chronic shortage of
capital.  *It seems to me it would be foolish to further restrict the
rate limiting resource.

Depending on the type of capital, there is quite a bit right now. Venture