[FoRK] Capitalism, Contracts and Cronyism

Damien Morton dmorton at bitfurnace.com
Tue Aug 26 11:22:45 PDT 2008

The end of the 20th century marked the end of utopias - every single one
discredited, ruined, and abandoned.

What remained was the dystopia of crony capitalism, a kleptocracy of
unimaginable proportions, and a populace completely conditioned to
accept it - or to find a way to get a piece of the action.

The thing about America, you see, was that it was an equal opportunity
corruption society. Everyone believed that if they just played their
cards right and kept their nose relatively clean, the opportunity for a
piece of the action might come their way. And for a few, it did,
especially those that had placed themselves somewhere along the line
from the treasury to Iraq.

It was only later in the century, with the elimination of 80% of the
worlds population, the invention of the warp drive, first contact with
the Vulcans, the dissolution of currencies, and the formation of the
Federation that humanity finally achieved and end to the internecine
strife and corruption that had plagued us since the beginning of time.