[FoRK] Obama: Redistributionist, pro-capitalist, or both?

Jeff Bone jbone at place.org
Tue Aug 26 19:55:09 PDT 2008

On Aug 26, 2008, at 9:33 PM, Russell Turpin wrote:

> Me:
>>> Two reasons. 1) "Significantly lower" generally means that.
>
> On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 9:24 PM, Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> wrote:
>> So you're telling me that you take a politician at face value,
>> particularly
>> on something like this.
>
> Oh, come on, Jeff. Did you not read the paragraph I wrote next?

I did.  I'm pointing out that point (1) was not only extraneous, it
was rather silly.  Sort of like a third nipple.

;-)

BTW, I've read everything I can find about Obama's tax proposals at
this point, as well as done a fair bit of due diligence on his pet
economists.  I'm not particularly sanguine.  The ideology bleeding
through everywhere else sort of undermines any confidence one might
have.

FWIW, here's my standard filter these days:  flip sign on anything
said by any partisan of any flavor.  That generally yields better
results than the contrary.

:-/

jb