[FoRK] SciAm on the possibility of Malthusian food shortages

Stephen Williams sdw at lig.net
Tue Aug 26 22:40:34 PDT 2008

Jeff Bone wrote:

> Another data point...
>

> http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?id=are-malthus-predicted-1798-food-shortages&ec=su_malthus

Which does nothing to even suggest that Anti-Malthusians are right.
There is nothing in that article but comfort that we will continue to
solve our problems, and even lays out the obvious solutions we already
have on deck.

The only solid point is that we need to become more efficient.  Which is
always true and always something that we chip away at, but could do much
better at.

Thanks for the data point, it helps some of my posits.

sdw