[FoRK] Obama: Redistributionist, pro-capitalist, or both?

Jeff Bone jbone at place.org
Wed Aug 27 06:27:33 PDT 2008

On Aug 27, 2008, at 12:47 AM, Stephen Williams wrote:

> OK, fair enough.  You see the Big One coming.  Can you summarize
> your logic (I know you have in bits and pieces), ore much better,
> present your formula for the coming tipping point?  What specific
> decisions, or at least types of decisions, will be made that will so
> completely tank the economy that we will be in a GP.

At some point.  Most of those decisions have already been made and
most of the significant external factors are already in play.  The key
is how we respond to them.  The clues to that come from looking at the
various proposals that have been made, and extrapolating from the
historical application of similar policies.

> You and JAR have mentioned the lack of capital.

That's merely a symptom, not a cause.  Ask yourself:  where does
capital go when it's not trying hard to find places to apply itself
via the capital markets?

jb