[FoRK] Fwd: Hey, big spender...

Jeff Bone jbone at place.org
Wed Aug 27 12:16:37 PDT 2008

On Aug 27, 2008, at 1:19 PM, Stephen Williams wrote:

> Good explanation of your numbers.  But the initial question is: Are
> we agreeing to commit to solving the problem regardless of its
> size?  (Your assumption apparently.)

A safe assumption, I'd say.  "Universal health care" has been THE
defining issue of the Democratic party since at least 1992.  They're
not going to miss this opportunity to take a shot at it, and I have no
doubt they wouldn't flinch at increasing the overall budget as
necessary to accomplish it, and figure out how to *actually* pay for
it later.

In fact, I'm willing to take some action on propositions around this.
You game?

jb