[FoRK] Challenge for McCain critics

Jeff Bone jbone at place.org
Thu Aug 28 11:25:46 PDT 2008

On Aug 28, 2008, at 1:14 PM, Luis Villa wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 2:04 PM, Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> wrote:
>>
>> On Aug 28, 2008, at 10:53 AM, Luis Villa wrote:

>>> Extensive list:
>>> http://www.thecarpetbaggerreport.com/flipflops
>>
>> You clearly -- like many in the reactionary left -- clearly have no
>> understanding of what a neocon *actually* is and who does / does
>> not belong
>> to that club.
>
> Or I assumed that it was being used in the loose, colloquial,
> perjorative sense that is now more common.

It's like the Colbert bit the other night.  You can't just go
redefining terms as convenient for your polemical purposes.

"Neocon" has a specific meaning, denotes a specific group of people
and general ideology, and McCain doesn't belong to the first or
subscribe to the second.  This is important because, as I have said on
this list previously, the neocons are *very* dangerous people.  But
blurring and expanding the definition actually gives the real bad guys
a lot more cover.

jb