[FoRK] Challenge for McCain critics

Luis Villa luis at tieguy.org
Thu Aug 28 17:09:21 PDT 2008

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 4:53 PM, Luis Villa <luis at tieguy.org> wrote:
> I guess you can argue that he's not actually a neocon. (We'd disagree,
> but it is hard to read what is in the candidate's mind when they
> habitually straddle two worlds- I'd end up relying on assuming the
> worst about McCain, as you assume the worst about Obama.) But you
> certainly can't argue that he's not affiliated with the core neocons-
> you can't get much more core neocon than Bill Kristol or John Bolton,
> and he's very, very affiliated with them and with their coterie.

By the way, for those of you who actually haven't made up their minds
on this question, I strongly recommend:

http://www.tnr.com/politics/story.html?id=23c3a0ff-9d55-4d28-a94e-0b0e09e26505

I've certainly learned a lot from it. (Note that it is dated 2006 and
doesn't reflect his more recent pronouncements on Iran and Georgia.)

Luis