[FoRK] Breaking news: Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin to be McCain's veep

J. Andrew Rogers andrew at ceruleansystems.com
Fri Aug 29 08:57:33 PDT 2008

On Aug 29, 2008, at 8:42 AM, Luis Villa wrote:
> Oh, and on Palin: this cements the position of McCain as squarely in
> the camp of the know-nothing, do-nothing,
> all-we-need-to-do-is-drill-offshore energy policy that both wreaks
> havoc on the environment AND continues to pump money into the hands of
> the Saudis, Chavez, etc. Two collosal fuckups for the price of one!
> That's fucking crazy.

Well, Obama's energy policy was written by an illiterate moron, so
maybe if we are lucky the left will split the difference with the
right and we'll get a reasonable outcome.  Way too many delusional
ideologues involved in energy policy.

Around here, no oil policy in the world will change the fact that city
planners (liberal Democrats for the most part) have intentionally made
it impossible to significantly reduce transportation energy
consumption while making mouth noises about the necessity of doing
so.  Ratcheting down on oil production at the Federal level is wankery
that avoids addressing root causes and just aggravates the situation.

J. Andrew Rogers