[FoRK] Breaking news: Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin to be McCain'sveep

Michael Cummins michael at i-magery.com
Fri Aug 29 09:08:14 PDT 2008

> all-we-need-to-do-is-drill-offshore energy policy

I really am getting tired of redefining rhetoric like that.  I hear it
everywhere, all the time.  It reminds me of the "so when did you stop
beating your wife?" tactical drek I see on TV.  Just answering the question
implicitly acknowledges the false premise.  Who was it that decided that
McCain's "All of the Above" soda commercial jingle really meant "Let's just
drill and forget about everything else?"

The two candidates look an awful lot alike to my casual eye when it comes to
energy policy.  Last night Obama was even pro-Nuclear (surprised me
actually, though his "I'll find a way to make it safe" quip was kind of
funny. Oh, and that video before his speech was awesome.  The speech, not so
much.)

Meh.

Let's tap it. Let's see if we can be smart about tapping it, and let it take
some of the load off while we figure this algae economy thing out and it all
becomes a seriously moot point.

Regarding Palin.  I'm curious.