[FoRK] Breaking news: Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin to be McCain's veep

Jeff Bone jbone at place.org
Fri Aug 29 09:30:28 PDT 2008

On Aug 29, 2008, at 10:38 AM, Luis Villa wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 11:29 AM, Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> wrote:
>> McCain hates Rove, that's well established.  GMAFB.
>
> And is listening regularly to him anyway.

Beside the point;  listening to doesn't imply taking orders from.
However much you hate Rove --- and I hate Rove almost as much as
anyone else involved with the GOP --- you have to admit that he did a
fantastic job as a strategist prior to Bush taking office.  (His murky
role afterward, far more questionable.)

> That is also well
> established. He's in fucking hock to that wing of the party, Jeff.

GMAFB, *seriously*.  You're going to believe that no matter what.  If
all you're going to do is parrot the left-wing talking points, don't
bother;  I can get those in various media outlets.  I'm saying that
"the party" is heavily fractured, and the statement's meaningless, and
anybody who doesn't understand the internal tensions in "the party"
and thinks there is a single "party line" that McCain and Bush both
subscribe to is either being a propagandist or has been fooled by them.

McCain's going to do whatever he thinks he needs to to get elected.
As would any sensible politician.

> Your ostrich routine about that is getting boring.

Not so much as your parrot routine.  Hell, even Fox pet lib Colmes is
more nuanced than you are lately about this shit.

> But if you're going to make that case,
> make that case.

Already have, you just summarized it nicely, no need to reiterate ---
it's obvious and stands on its own.

The interesting questions now are:  is McCain or is he not beholden to
certain repulsive interests, and can he or can he not win?  Those are
the points I keep trying to work.

jb