[FoRK] Breaking news: Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin to be McCain's veep

Jeff Bone jbone at place.org
Fri Aug 29 10:24:06 PDT 2008

On Aug 29, 2008, at 12:01 PM, Russell Turpin wrote:

> Jeff Bone:
>> Palin's pro-life stance is just about the only thing that the
>> libertarian wing of the GOP might object to..
>
> A cement block's lack of positive buoyancy is the only thing that
> prevents it from being used as a boat.

Tiresome.

>> ..yet is a bone to the threatening-to-revolt hardline social
>> conservative "base."
>
> Red meat for The Base. Wasn't the argument made that moderates should
> believe that McCain's succoring the social conservatives is politics,

This proves it's not?  Quite the opposite, I'd say.

She'll keep the social conservatives from bolting while appealing to a
much broader group.

> and won't influence his decisions as president, including judicial
> appointments? Now are they also supposed to bet on his living for
> four more years? And on the VP having no influence?

I'll risk her potential judicial appointments in the case were she
succeeds vs. the unfettered, unchecked, far-left trifecta, thank you
very much.

jb