[FoRK] Palin: pro-life AND sympathetic to creationism

Jeff Bone jbone at place.org
Fri Aug 29 15:56:23 PDT 2008

On Aug 29, 2008, at 5:53 PM, Jeff Bone wrote:

>> Geege, Jeff doesn't give a rat's ass about that. People with
>> ovaries come second to people with capital.
>
> GMAFB, Bill, really, that's fucking offensive.  Anyone with two
> brain cells on this list knows exactly where I stand on the social
> issues.  When forced to choose between handing a blank check to the
> most extreme leftist coalition the Dems have seen in years and the
> absolute unlikelihood of any real serious threat to women's
> reproductive rights, hell yes I'll opt for

<Sorry, ed...>

...the less likely of two evils.

Any overturn of Roe --- which was decided on a shaky basis anyway ---
would be immediately challenged on stronger grounds;  and perhaps the
net result of that would be an even more durable law.  Outlawing
abortion at the federal level is likely to require an amendment, and I
don't see that happening.  A fucking full-on Dominionist coup is far
more likely than that.

jb