[FoRK] brief points

geege4 at gmail.com geege4 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 30 07:37:19 PDT 2008

The best way to reduce is hopefully.

:-)

------Original Message------
From: Jeff Bone
Sender: fork-bounces at xent.com
To: Friends of Rohit Khare
ReplyTo: Friends of Rohit Khare
Sent: Aug 30, 2008 1:52 AM
Subject: [FoRK] brief points

(Then, really, I hope to be off this damn thing for the weekend.  I
have my folks in town, hopefully I'll be preoccupied. ;-)

In order to hopefully reduce the level of rabid froth a bit, let me
set the record straight on a few things.

(1)  I actually plan on voting a straight Dem ticket, except for the
presidency.  My motivation for the latter is the balance of power issue.

(2)  This will be the first vote I've cast for any Republican for any
level of office in many elections.

(3)  Don't confuse admiration for the political wile displayed in the
choice of Palin with any personal sentiment about candidate or party.

(4)  Don't assume that I don't think there's a downside to either
choice.

(5)  Don't forget apropos the abortion issue that I once stated around
here that I think life begins at calculus (and retroactive abortion
should be legal til then.) ;-)  That's an exaggeration, but probably
not as much as it should be. ;-)

(6)  Don't assume that my hopefulness about her track record as a
reformer excludes wariness about her social conservatism.

(7)  I haven't budged or sold out.  I'm sure that my political compass
is as close to my reading a decade ago as anybody's on this list.

(8)  It's the trifecta, stupid.

Cheers, and have a good holiday weekend.

jb