[FoRK] Palin: pro-life AND sympathetic to creationism

Aaron Burt aaron at bavariati.org
Sun Aug 31 13:00:42 PDT 2008

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 12:51:05PM -0500, Russell Turpin wrote:
> This blog post is from 2006:
>
> http://scienceblogs.com/afarensis/2006/10/27/intelligent_design_and_the_ala/
>
> Realizing that there's nought so queer as folk, and not pretending to
> understand all the demographic segments in this nation, I can't say
> whether there is some group of voters who would have supported Hillary
> who will find appeal in Palin.

SUV-driving church-going "security moms"?  They might be mythical, though.

> But I doubt she'll have much appeal to anyone pro-science or pro-choice.

I suspect those things don't matter nearly as much as low gas prices for
aforementioned SUV, low heating costs for the Barbie Dream Home, and keeping
our sons out of the Army but keeping Swarthy Foreigners from our daughters.