[FoRK] A choice of nightmares

Christopher Herot cherot at herot.com
Sun Aug 31 21:07:15 PDT 2008

I haven’t had the time to analyze the math behind this particular argument, but a good analysis of how and why people pick the “experts” that confirm their pre-existing beliefs can be found in True <http://www.amazon.com/True-Enough-Learning-Post-Fact-Society/dp/0470050101>  Enough: Learning to Live in a Post-Fact Society by  Farhad Manjoo.  He tears apart the Swift Boat business and the Ohio Election conspiracy theories with equal gusto.

  _____