[FoRK] FactCheck.org: Sliming Palin

Kevin Elliott k-elliott at wiu.edu
Fri Sep 12 12:46:20 PDT 2008

On Sep 11, 2008, at 11:26 PM, Tom Higgins wrote:
> She got up in front of a congregation and asked them to PRAY for
> POLICY
> ..she said the war in Iraq was her god's plan and they should pray
> for the
> war.

No, she didn't.  The fact that the media keeps claiming she did is
obnoxious and wrong.  Analysis here:

http://volokh.com/posts/1220914092.shtml

And the actual clip here:

http://www.antiwar.com/blog/2008/09/02/palin-our-leaders-are-sending-our-troops-to-iraq-on-a-task-from-god/

Getting:

"our national leaders are sending them out on a task that is from God.
That’s what we have to make sure that we are praying for, that there
is a plan and that that plan is God’s plan."

"Pray for our military men and women who are striving to do also what
is right for this country – that our leaders, our national leaders are
sending them out on a task that is from God."

...is quote twisting of the most despicable nature.  Barack Obama
could have said the same thing she said!!!

Whatever your politics, this sort of crap is just wrong.