[FoRK] FactCheck.org: Sliming Palin

Tom Higgins tomhiggins at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 16:42:46 PDT 2008

> *GOV. SARAH PALIN: *"I can do my part in doing things like working really,
> really hard to get a natural gas pipeline, about a $30 billion project
> that's going to create a lot of jobs for Alaskans, and we'll have a lot of
> energy flowing through here. And pray about that also. I think God's will
> has to be done in unifying people and companies to get that gas line built,
> so pray for that."

*GIBSON*: You said recently, in your old church, "Our national leaders are
sending U.S. soldiers on a task that is from God." Are we fighting a holy
war?

*PALIN: * You know, I don't know if that was my exact quote.

*GIBSON*: Exact words.

*PALIN*: But the reference there is a repeat of Abraham Lincoln's words when
he said -- first, he suggested never presume to know what God's will is, and
I would never presume to know God's will or to speak God's words.

       *GOV. SARAH PALIN: *"I think God's will has to be done in unifying
people and
                                     companies to get that gas line built,
so pray for that."

*PALIN:* and I would never presume to know God's will or to speak God's
words.

*GOV. SARAH PALIN: *But I can do my job there in developing natural
resources and doing things like getting the roads paved and making sure our
troopers have their cop cars and their uniforms and their guns and making
sure our public schools are funded, but really all of that stuff doesn't do
any good if the people of *Alaska's heart isn't right with God*. And that's
going to be your job. As I'm doing my job, let's strike this deal, your job
is to going to be to be out there reaching the people, hurting people
throughout Alaska, and we can work together to make sure that God's will be
done here. Um, let me go back to growing up here in this church.

*PALIN:* and I would never presume to know God's will or to speak God's
words.

-tom(mock john stewart shock look)higgins