[FoRK] FactCheck.org: Sliming Palin

Luis Villa luis at tieguy.org
Sat Sep 13 06:03:44 PDT 2008

On Sat, Sep 13, 2008 at 8:59 AM, Luis Villa <luis at tieguy.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 9:28 PM, Stephen Williams <sdw at lig.net> wrote:
>> That's a well-written, lucid, intelligent, balanced, and nearly perfect
>> speech.  From 2006.
>> That guy should run for president.
>
> Yeah, because the guy who is running for president really just can't
> give a well-written, lucid, intelligent speech to save his life,
> except on easy issues like race:
>
> http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2008/03/18/us/politics/20080318_OBAMA_GRAPHIC.html
>
> or about lipstick on a pig:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLgm1I8bVVE
>
> or the entire campaign:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQGsP8mnHsg

(I'll grant that the last one is not as centrist as I'd like it to be,
but compared to the Republican speeches it is as if it were made of
pure light itself.

And the second, very brief speech is what turned me back from
'pro-Obama' to 'rabidly partisan for Obama.' I refuse to reward the
Rovians who are running McCain's campaign with another win. Even if
they are right on every single policy detail they are slowly but
surely trying to destroy our nation's ability to have a coherent
discussion about anything, and that is disastrous in the long term.)

Luis