[FoRK] Palin's appointment record in Alaska

Luis Villa luis at tieguy.org
Sat Sep 13 15:37:11 PDT 2008

Oh, and it is actually about way more than her appointment record.
Covers, among other things:

* firing nominally independent attorneys who applied the rules to her friends
* lying about the results of scientific investigations with policy impacts
* using private email accounts to circumvent record keeping rules
* told two councilmembers that a book 'did not belong' in the library;
hadn't bothered to read the book herself.
* campaigned using state time/resources (thinly sourced)
* appointed a high-school friend who had never managed others before
to be head of a 500-person agency
* culled email addresses from a state database for campaign use

And of course, she wouldn't speak to the Times about any of this,
because the woman who is supposed to be ready to be one heartbeat away
from speaking to all those big, bad evil dictators is too scared to
talk to a tame press.

[I also loved the other article that came out today that pointed out
that she'd lied about going to Iraq; she went to the Kuwait-Iraq
border but did not cross it. She also said she had traveled to
Ireland, which meant she was on a plane that stopped in Ireland to
refuel on the way to Kuwait. She's the first VP candidate in at least
32 years to have never met with a foreign head of state before
becoming the VP candidate. Gee, sure glad John McCain would never put
politics ahead of national security!]

I wrote Obama a very, very large check last night and plan to start
phonebanking too. Even if I agreed with all their policies, we just
cannot let these lying SOBs keep the whitehouse for four more years.

Luis