[FoRK] Palin

Damien Morton dmorton at bitfurnace.com
Sun Sep 14 02:35:23 PDT 2008

On 9/14/2008 2:00 AM, Tom Higgins wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 13, 2008 at 10:33 PM, Damien Morton
> <dmorton at bitfurnace.com <mailto:dmorton at bitfurnace.com>> wrote:
>
>     I began thinking about this, both wondering how realistic a goal
>     this is for a bunch of Afghan cave dwellers and assorted camel
>     jockeys, or for anyone for that matter.
>

> You have to admit though, if you were such a person and watched post
> 9/11 America set up the TSA, DoHS, Gitmo, the torture memos, sweeping
> theocraticism, a prolonged and costly war on terror that is working
> out as well as the war on drugs...in that cave you might just smile a
> little.
>
> I do not think it is so much about Destroying America, its making
> America Destroy Itself..slowly...piece by piece,  freedom by freedom.
>
> Japan's transformation took it from feudalism/imperalism to what it
> has now.. Germany was blwon from facism to what it is now... and
> American is being sent from democracy to what we are becoming.
>
> Just a thought.

Thats a fair enough answer, but I dont think thats what Sarah has in
mind when she uses the term Destroy America. Actually, her words were
Destroy America and Her Allies.

I would love to ask her exactly what she means by that. I mean, its a
great phrase, but it would be good to ask for a more detail description
of what she thinks the actual goals of enemy are.