[FoRK] Palin

Luis Villa luis at tieguy.org
Sun Sep 14 06:57:56 PDT 2008

On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 9:46 AM, Russell Turpin
<russell.turpin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 1:49 AM, Stephen Williams <sdw at lig.net> wrote:
>> We won't get too far afield before we snap back.  It's happened before, of
>> course.  McCarthyism, et al.
>
> There's no guarantee of that. The fact that it is someone like Palin
> who has put some fire into the McCain campaign is quite scary.

Yeah. I'm very bothered that there is very little perceptible outrage
in the Republican party about the lipstick and other lies. There was
always a bipartisan undercurrent of disgust for McCarthy, et al, which
helped build into the backlash. Not to say it won't happen, but it
might take a long time, and we've got a lot of important problems we
could be addressing right now (energy, recession, war, etc.)

Luis