[FoRK] huntin' and fishin' and weldin' and fornicatin'

Dave Long dave.long at bluewin.ch
Sun Sep 14 14:35:16 PDT 2008

Le 5 sept. 08 à 08:51, Reza B'Far a écrit :
> I watched a couple of JFK speeches on cable a few months ago.  It
> was sure a
> different world back then.  I wasn't even alive then, but it seemed
> that the
> intellectual conversations were at a higher ground.

Whether the intellectual contents were at a higher ground or not
would be more difficult to show, but when looking at the parsing
sophistication expected of a listener, JFK's inaugural address has
Flesch-Kincaid high school grade level of 11, having declined from
the founding father's (presumably) college level speeches, yet still
well above the junior-high productions of the two Bushes.

http://www.yourdictionary.com/about/flesch.html

-Dave

cf "What Rennets a Pointless Vegan Debate?"
http://www.xent.com/pipermail/fork/2001-June/001034.html