[FoRK] Government Report: Evidence of H-1B Visa Fraud

Andy Armstrong andy at hexten.net
Tue Oct 14 11:16:27 PDT 2008

On 14 Oct 2008, at 19:08, Simon Wistow wrote:
> Now that I'm here in SF it's just as frustrating - we can't hire
> enoguh
> really good people (you know the kind I'm talking about, the right
> hand
> side of the curve needed for start ups) and even though there's
> specific
> people elsewhere in the world we'd like to bring in - it's just too
> damn
> difficult (a 6 month lead time till them starting?).

Are remote workers not an option? I'm based in the UK, work for a US
company, visit four times a year for at least two weeks at a time -
not sure what any upper limit on that would be. That seems to be
enough to keep us in sync. Might not work for your case but we're a
fairly small startup-like team.

And if you could make that work for a year then presumably they'd get
a visa on the basis of having worked in your foreign office for a year?

--
Andy Armstrong, Hexten