[FoRK] Government Report: Evidence of H-1B Visa Fraud

Simon Wistow simon at thegestalt.org
Tue Oct 14 11:48:39 PDT 2008

On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 07:38:37PM +0100, Andy Armstrong said:
> Great! I'll look forward to that :)

Actually, the Embassy interview is kind of an anticlimax.

I had several dozen pages of extra information -

"Name every country you've been to in the last decade and when. Err,
christ, I can't remember, there's *dozens* - I know there was Cuba. And
Morocco. And Indonesia. And Egypt. Oh god, I'm going to Gitmo aren't I"

and

"List any military training you've had. Bugger, it won't be Gitmo, it
will be a 'special' flight to Syria or something"

all of which I printed out in triplicate and carefully put coloured tabs
on and double and triple checked.

In the end I turned up, took my number, got called an hour later, paid
my fee, waited for 2 hours, had a very brief interview and then that was
it - I handed my passport in and 3 days later a courier turned up at
6am(!) and handed it back.