[FoRK] six weeks later [was Re: Breaking news: Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin to be McCain's veep]

Luis Villa luis at tieguy.org
Tue Oct 14 12:19:06 PDT 2008

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 10:54 AM, Jeff Bone <jbone at place.org> wrote:

> If true, this is absolutely brilliant, an amazingly nuanced pick on McCain's
> part, truly the perfect choice for him all things considered - far better
> than Obama's choice of Biden (who I like for the most part, btw, but
> nonetheless.  This speaks directly to McCain's judgment, his ability to
> think out of the box, to act independently -wrt- the party kingmakers and
> power brokers, and to balance multiple and conflicting interests in a
> thoughtful way.

Having now had the opportunity of six weeks of hindsight, I think we
can safely say that 'brilliant' was not the right adjective.

Good summary here:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/10/14/bush-strategist-mccain-kn_n_134570.html

former Bush strategist: "[McCain] put somebody unqualified on that
ballot and he put the country at risk, he knows that."

Luis