[FoRK] Is it Google, SEO or something else?

Adam L Beberg beberg at mithral.com
Fri Oct 17 13:16:14 PDT 2008

Reese wrote on 10/17/2008 11:40 AM:
> I'm still testing on different platforms and with different web
> browsers but these are the early testing results - something
> isn't right.

Google searches are not deterministic or uniform, they aren't meant to
be. Their entire infrastructure is scaled on the concept that
correctness is nice but in no way required.

> Win2K/FF2: The client site is the #1 hit.
> Win2k/IE6: The client site is the #1 hit.
 > WinXP/FF3: The client site doesn't appear to be indexed.

... At this point in your test, the money the site is forced to pay to
be in the index ran out. Emails are sent to the site admins demanding
more money, so it should be in the index again shortly. No sarcasm
involved - you can no longer run a business on the internet without
paying Google.

--
Adam L. Beberg
http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/