[FoRK] Have you now or have you ever been......

Tom Higgins tomhiggins at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 17:55:26 PDT 2008

The backlash is going to be...whats the word...fun? no...interesting?
nah....enlightening? closer.

Its going to get messier before, if ever, it gets better.

http://thinkprogress.org/2008/10/17/bachmann-anti-american/
"Appearing on MSNBC's Hardball today, Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN)
attacked the patriotism of Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL), based on his
alleged relationship to former Weather Underground member William
Ayers and the values of Obama's former pastor, Rev. Jeremiah Wright.
"I'm very concerned that he may have anti-American views," said
Bachmann. "That's what the American people are concerned about."

She then went further, suggesting that all liberal views — held by
people such as Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, professors, and all Americans
who identify themselves as "liberals" — are "anti-American." When host
Chris Matthews, stunned by her remarks, asked Bachmann how many people
in Congress hold anti-American views, she responded, "You'll have to
ask them."

Bachmann called on the media to conduct investigations into the
anti-American activities of members of Congress, similar to Sen.
Joseph McCarthy's discredited House Un-American Activities Committee
hearings in the 1950s. "I think people would love to see an exposé
like that," she claimed. Watch it: "

-tom(Jello Biafra '12)higgins