[FoRK] choose your tax plan

Owen Byrne owen at permafrost.net
Sun Oct 19 20:03:44 PDT 2008

I don't think "close to -0- tax" is any way accurate if you actually account for all those deductions that aren't federal tax (FICA, state/local taxes). I ran $40k through some payroll calculators and they show that if you include everything most people earning $40k will lose a third to the government. Which is probably nearly identical to what the people making $60k and $80k lose.

Owen