[FoRK] Welcome Back Kotter

Stephen D. Williams sdw at lig.net
Mon Nov 10 15:12:06 PST 2008

Joe Barrera wrote:
> http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/us_elections/article5126528.ece
>
> "Mr Obama is planning to ship dozens of terror suspects from the
> prison to face criminal trial in the US as part of a plan to shut the
> jail down...."

Well there you go.

Just before I read that, I predicted that Obama would liquidate the
Guantanamo detention center and not too long later would "open" Cuba.

Adam L Beberg wrote:
> And how about that chief of staff... It's comforting to see the
> bankers will still have an iron grip on our government and wallets, so
> we don't have to worry about any of this nasty change talk.
>
> It's good to see him bringing in the same old insiders, I was really
> worried he'd be increasing our taxes, but now I can relax.
Pretty shrewd isn't it?  Feisty bad cop, Jewish / Israeli pleasing
choice who can apparently take whatever someone (Republicans?) dish
out.  And, funny, I haven't heard any more of those worries about him
being Muslim (i.e. a Muslim mole or something).  Go Rahm-bo...  The guy
looks uncomfortable to me, but I guess we'll see.

geege schuman wrote:
> But *my* favorite story about Rahm is Wikipedia's After U.S. Vice
> President Dick Cheney asserted that he did not
> fall within the bounds of orders set for the executive branch,
> Emanuel called for cutting off the $4.8 million the Executive Branch
> provides for the Vice President's office. Cheney's office subsequently
> backed down from the
> claim.[24]<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rahm_Emanuel#cite_note-Politico_Allen_20070627-23>>

Funny...  What better street cred than facing down Cheney and winning?