[FoRK] Help with Facebook disablement stupidity - a friend's engagement

B.K. DeLong bkdelong at pobox.com
Wed Nov 12 11:39:44 PST 2008

So apparently this person was "browsing Facebook too frequently". I know for
a fact she browses far less than I do unless Facebook has some algorithm
that does this based on how many contacts one has.

She received the exact same query and subsequent response from "Cassidy" of
"Facebook User Operations" mentioned in this blog post:
http://teamsugar.com/group/1077766/blog/1950694

Yet FB doesn't seem to be able to share the metrics that they're using to
determine the rogue overbrowsing. Could it be a persistent iPhone App
connection? Twitter being a little too eager? FB seems to think..."don't
know, can't tell you, don't care, banned if you do whatever our shiny box
says you did again."

Nice.

--
B.K. DeLong (K3GRN)