[FoRK] Let GM and Chrysler die

Bill Humphries whump at mac.com
Fri Nov 14 13:23:12 PST 2008

On Nov 14, 2008, at 1:11 PM, Joe Barrera wrote:

> I haven't found any really strong arguments against bankruptcy... for
> example, I didn't find Daniel Gross's arguments very convincing:

Andrew Sullivan's been posting letters pro and con letting the big
three die.

The argument against that I have heard in Sullivan's posts is that
that they'd go into liquidation and not reorganization, and the side
effect would be to take out the rest of the economy through job loss
and taking out their suppliers.

I don't know enough to answer if GM going into chapter 7 will kill the
economy.

-- whump