[FoRK] billing for travel days?

Ken Meltsner meltsner at alum.mit.edu
Fri Nov 14 17:24:11 PST 2008

It's a contractual issue for our professional services, but we try to
get the customer to pay for the first 8 hours worked per day -- if you
can do it in a day trip, for example.

If you were a roofer or plumber, you'd probably charge for travel time.

Ken

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 6:41 PM, Lucas Gonze <lucas.gonze at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear forkie, any suggestions on how I should bill for a day of travel
> on a consulting job?
>
> This is a consulting project on an hourly rate.  The client needs me
> to go to a meeting from 1-4 in norcal.  By far the majority of time
> for that will be spent dealing with the plane.
>
> Obviously I'll bill for travel expenses, but I'm not sure how to
> address the hours spent not in the meeting.  Anybody have experience
> that would shed light on standard practice?

House Fix 2008 as of the end of October
# of major projects pending: 0
# of major projects completed: 6(Breaker panel in basement, gas leak
repair, HVAC, landscaping, roof, gutters)
A smattering of minor projects in the last month: nothing I can think of.