[FoRK] scribd sucks dead dogs balls

Stephen D. Williams sdw at lig.net
Sat Nov 15 14:30:56 PST 2008

Luis Villa wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 4:19 PM, damien morton <dmorton at bitfurnace.com> wrote:

>>> Luis (eagerly awaiting the day every citizen has a self-publishing
>>> platform with p2p mechanisms for distribution of bandwidth costs in
>>> case of spikes in popularity)
>>>
>> Whatever happened to freenet?
>>

> Failed to write a ffox plugin and so died? :) I was thinking more like
> bittorrent built into browser + every publishing tool, or like
> coralcdn. (Not that I object to anonymity but transparency/web
> integration is critical for real adoption, and ISTR that freenet was
> terrible at that?)

A ffox plugin is exactly what I had been thinking about.  Actually, I
think it's something like bittorrent + memcached so it handles more than
just static web access.

I am puzzled why ffox doesn't already have bittorrent integrated in a
way that works transparently with standard web servers like Apache and
Lighttpd.  What prevents something like that from being successful?

sdw