[FoRK] scribd sucks dead dogs balls

damien morton dmorton at bitfurnace.com
Sat Nov 15 15:59:33 PST 2008

On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 9:58 AM, Luis Villa <luis at tieguy.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 5:54 PM, damien morton <dmorton at bitfurnace.com>
> wrote:
> > I often wonder if the firewalling and NAT-ing of the worlds users is as a
> > result of a corporatist urge to keep the middleman role open. Like the
> > self-censoring journalist of Chomsky, the worlds internet users cannot
> > publish with someone's else's permission. Where is notion of rendezvous,
> > where two users can agree to open ports to each other?
>
> Politically, that's why I'd like torrent to be built into the browser.

 Merely putting this or that into the browser isn't sufficient if users
cannot directly connect to each other. I know how to open my firewalls to
bittorrent, but from what I can see by looking at the other clients when
downloading, the great majority of users can not or do not do so.

I can imagine putting it all together with http and range requests.